This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners in compliance with the EU Government Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25th May 2018.
The term “Anna James”, “our” or “we” refers to this website, the company and its owners. The term “you” or “your” refers to the customer, subscriber or visitor of our website.
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purpose;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- accurate and up to date;
- not kept for longer than is necessary;
- processed in line with your rights;
- secure; and
- not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
Types of Personal Data we Collect:
Anna James may collect the following information about you:
- your name and gender;
- Your size/measurements
- your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- purchases and orders made by you;
- your on-line browsing activities on our website;
- your password(s);
- when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with Anna James; and
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a public Instagram feed or public Facebook page).
Our website are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Anna James Uses Your Personal Data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- to enable Anna James to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
How we Collect Personal Data
As part of the registration process for our monthly e-newsletter, we collect personal data (full name and email address). Anna James uses this personal data for electronic marketing purposes only (with your consent) and may send you e-newsletters to update you on our new products, events and offers. We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by changing marketing preferences via our e-newsletter, making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in our e-newsletters or contacting Anna James via the contact channels set out in our e-newsletter or website.
Anna James is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure and takes all necessary and reasonable steps to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided.
Our security measures include:
- the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption when an order is placed or your access your account information which encrypts your information before it is sent to us, to protect it from unauthorised use. To check the SSL is enabled you will see a green padlock at the URL address panel of your browser.
- processing all payments using Worldpay’s secure payment system. This system ensures that all sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database and protected by multiple firewalls.
- Anna James’ website maintains a PCI DSS Security Compliance Certificate, keeping up with the latest security requirements and a robust payment card data security process, including prevention, detection and appropriate reaction to security incidents.
We will take all reasonable care to keep your order secure, but in the absence of our sole negligence we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any of your data, including credit card details that you have provided.
Anna James only shares personal data to our service providers to help offer a better service for you. For example; your name and address might be given to our courier so that they can deliver your order. Aside from our service providers, Anna James will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
Access to Your Personal Information
Under GDPR, you are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to Anna at email@example.com.
You have the following right to enquire what personal data we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10), to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details below. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
Effective date: 1st April 2023
Edited & customised by: Anna James, Main Street, Middleton, Leicestershire, LE16 8YU.